Gryffin's Tail has moved!

Gryffin's Tail has a new home. It got too hard to mirror to this site. I don't maintain this site anymore.

Subscribe via email will subscribe you to the new site feed. Below is an RSS feed of the new site.

To all my email followers, I've transferred the Feedburner address to the new site so you should start receiving emails again. I didn't know this page stopped mirroring until a day or so ago. I'm sorry you've missed out for the last few months but the good news is that I don't post much so it'll be easy to catch up!

*

*

RSS feed of the new Gryffin's Tail site

*

*

Subscribe via email to the new site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

*

*

Tweets!

*

*

Friday, January 21, 2011

The A.Skate Foundation



I mentioned earlier that I had to reorganize my Twitter and while I was doing a bunch of following for my spiffy new account, I came across this:

askatelogo

Seriously, folks, this is awesome.  I used to skate as a kid, I was never very good as I didn't put enough effort into it but I had a few tricks.  I followed skating religiously at the time, though.  I won't go into how long ago that was, let's just say Tony Hawk was still a kid, too.

Imagine my thrill when I saw this organization.  Squee!  All my dreams for my very own punk rock, skating sons that would make my husband cringe seem not so distant anymore.  How could I have not known about them?

Please check them out.  They offer skating clinics and grants for gear.  You can even get a free helmet.








It doesn't get any better than this for me.  The thought had never even crossed my mind that my son could learn how to skate.  I honestly don't know if he has any desire to but that doesn't stop me from getting all squishy and gooey inside that he might like something I was totally into when I was kid.

Kudos to A.Skate!


Update!


Been tweeting a bit with @askaters' Chrys Worley, one of the founders.  She seems like a great lady and you might want to know a little about her journey with her son, Sasha, which you can find here.
 

Gryffin's Tail © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates