Gryffin's Tail has moved!

Gryffin's Tail has a new home. It got too hard to mirror to this site. I don't maintain this site anymore.

Subscribe via email will subscribe you to the new site feed. Below is an RSS feed of the new site.

To all my email followers, I've transferred the Feedburner address to the new site so you should start receiving emails again. I didn't know this page stopped mirroring until a day or so ago. I'm sorry you've missed out for the last few months but the good news is that I don't post much so it'll be easy to catch up!

*

*

RSS feed of the new Gryffin's Tail site

*

*

Subscribe via email to the new site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

*

*

Tweets!

*

*

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Separate MMR To Return?



From Askdrsears.com

Return of Separate Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccines Planned for 2011

Friday, May 15, 2009

I received official word from a Merck representative that the company plans to resume production of the separate M-M-R component vaccines. They anticipate these becoming available in 2011 (no actual month specified). This is good news for those parents who want the vaccines separated, but the two year wait will leave some kids unprotected. In my MMR blog from January (http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/archives/2009_01_01_archive.asp) I discuss all the ins and outs of deciding whether or not to do the full MMR. Delaying it definitely puts children at risk of catching these diseases. Parents have to weigh all the information and decide what to do. The good news is that it looks like the separate shots will be back. I will certainly let you know as soon as they become available in 2011.

Dr. Bob
 

Gryffin's Tail © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates