Gryffin's Tail has moved!

Gryffin's Tail has a new home. It got too hard to mirror to this site. I don't maintain this site anymore.

Subscribe via email will subscribe you to the new site feed. Below is an RSS feed of the new site.

To all my email followers, I've transferred the Feedburner address to the new site so you should start receiving emails again. I didn't know this page stopped mirroring until a day or so ago. I'm sorry you've missed out for the last few months but the good news is that I don't post much so it'll be easy to catch up!

*

*

RSS feed of the new Gryffin's Tail site

*

*

Subscribe via email to the new site

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

*

*

Tweets!

*

*

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Need Protein?



Here's a little something I tried - making protein popsicles! If you have a kid like mine that simply doesn't get enough protein try making protein popsicles. There isn't much of a fuss when you offer a chocolate popsicle! Here's what I did and maybe you'll get a little inspiration of your own. Keep in mind that my kids are not GFCF so modify as you need.

Chocolate protein powder of choice
DariFree (less sugar than regular milk and many other subs)
water
chocolate syrup - because my kids aren't GFCF I get the sugar free Hershey's since it's made with erythritol
popsicle molds

You can make various incarnations of these popsicles, too. Remove chocolate , use vanilla protein powder, add a little pumpkin and pumpkin spice and you have yummy pumpkinsicles. Or add peeled oranges and cream of choice and you have an orangesicle. Add juices instead of water or think of some other variation that would be more useful to you. Play around with it and see what kind of yummy protein popsicles you can make and your child will enjoy. I've found it to be a very easy way to get protein in my kids and to them it's a treat!

Keep in mind that how much protein you put in the mix is going to determine how much protein you have per popsicle.  Do the math and if you can, add more protein powder.  Make it a protein power posicle.  The more you add, though, the more molds you need.
 

Gryffin's Tail © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates